RedSoxBloggers

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Thanks to My Family for the Red Sox Gear

Below is an inventory of the new Red Sox gear I received for Christmas:

  • Rivalry Chess, Red Sox v. Yankees (Sales pitch on the back: "In this head to head rivalry, will the Red Sox or the Yankees prevail? Evenly matched at the start, only one team will reign supreme. The world's greatest strategy games -- chess and baseball -- merge in Red Sox vs. Yankles Chess featuring 32 Superbly Sculpted Players In Action"). Upon viewing the gift, my daughter Ashley came over and said, "Don't worry dad, I'll be the Yankees". To which I graciously replied, "Check mate!"
  • All Purpose Red Sox Utility Blanket (Perfect for cold mornings at home and cold evenings at Oakland Coliseum whatching the Red Sox play the A's six times in 2006--And it's REVERSIBLE!!)
  • Sixteen Ounce Red Sox Glass (worked great with the egg nog)
  • DVD, "History Rings True, Red Sox Opening Day Ring Ceremony" (Watched the day the after Christmas, with tears. My wife refused to watch Damon receive his ring--Bah humbug!)
  • PLUS: One more item delayed in shipping from MLB.com. (I'm not too frustrted since last year I did not receive my blue team jacket until March).
  • SIDENOTE: I also received "Monopoly, Major League Baseball Edition", from Jeni, an A's fan in my church. Much to my chagrin, the "New York Yankees" were given the Boardwalk location as the highest valued property, $400. The Red Sox came in third ( a green square) at $320 value. Cardinals were second, $350 (Park Place).

4 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    And where did the Dodgers and Giants wind up on the Monopoly board? Please tell me the Giants are worth more than LA?

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Peter Burch said…

    Giants are a green square: $300
    Dodgers are also a green square: $300
    Let me remind you: Red Sox ar also a green square, however we are valued at $320. Those Parker Brothers are geniuses.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    We're going to have to play one day!

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Peter Burch said…

    with your finance background, i'll probably be bankrupt in 30 minutes or less. that will give us plenty of time to geekify my website.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home